1. Civil Aviation Administration of Viet Nam
The Civil Aviation Administration of Viet Nam is an organization directly under the Ministry of Transport that is an
advisor for the Minister of Transport about state management in the civil aviation field on national scale,
CAAV has been managing 19 airports throughout Vietnam. Among them there are three main international airports:
Tan Son Nhat Airport, Noi Bai Airport, and Da Nang Airport. The agency has its headquarters at Gia Lam Airport
Hanoi, and also has offices in Ho Chi Minh City.
Address: 119 Nguyen Son St, Gia Thuy Ward, Long Bien Dist, Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
1.1. Functions and Missions
1) To Develop and submit to the Minister of Transport issued by competent authorities or to the Minister of Transport
to the Prime Minister strategies, plannings, long-term plans, five year and annual plans, programs, national
projects, development projects under the civil aviation sector in the country.
2) To develop and submit to the Minister of Transport draft legal documents on civil aviation.
3) To develop and submit to the Minister of Transport issued standards and norms of economic - technical,
specialized technical regulation of civil aviation; issued basic standards of civil aviation standard
4) To organize the implementation of legal documents, strategies, planning, plans, standards, technical regulations
and norms - economic and technical subjects, after being approved by the competent authority, issued;
regulations applying specific criteria, process engineering, mining regulations, professional documents in line with
legislation on civil aviation; publication, issued in domestic and international information and communication
reported activities related to civil aviation.
5) To build the information dissemination and education on aviation law;
6) To promulgate directives and training command, the implementation of emergency measures including the
suspension of flight and operation of facilities, equipment and staff to ensure aviation security, aviation safety and
maintenance synchronous operation of the air transport chain; organizations surveillance systems, security
management, security, aviation services, search and rescue, airport emergency, the appointment of supervisors
to perform supervisory functions, security, aviation safety.
7) To collect, synthesis, analysis, and judge all aviational accidents; to monitor and supervise troubleshooting;
to implement rescue and flood prevention; to ratify air fares proposed by airlines operating in Vietnam;
research and development; handling complaints and/or violations of aviation law; administrative reform;
and financial and personnel affairs
8) On the management of the special flights
- To receive and guarantee the special aircrafts flights in civil aviation
- To supervise all compliances of technical standards to ensure the safety as the legal regulations
- To issue certificates for the flights as the legal regulations
9) On the management of airports :
- To build the plans of overall development programming of the system of domestic and international airports.
- To promulgate the process, procedures to passengers, luggages, goods, mailers, parcels, mails at airports
based on the unification with the other functional management units of relevant specialities.
- To manage the usage and exploitation of land resources at airports as the legal regulations
- To issue, edit, supplement the Certificate of registration, Business registration, Certificate of exploitation,
Service License of Aviation at airports
- To monitor and supervise construction, upgradation, improvement, maintenance and reparation of aviation works;
to install technical systems and aviation equipments at airports
- To issue, extend, revoke, cancel or suspend the certificate of operation of technical systems, exploitation
equipments at airports
- To manage and coordinate departure and arrival time at airports
10) On the management of air transport
- To build the development plans of Vietnam air transport enterprises; to develop the air transport market in Vietnam
- To manage all activities of issuing of business registration of air transport including evaluating, reissuing,
adjusting, editing, revoking the certificate of registration, relevant licenses
- Promulgate all regulations of air transport, shipping, service business to the airlines
- To issue and revoke the rights of exploitation and airline business and retal of airplane between Vietnam and other
- To monitor and supervise complying the legal regulations about airline business
11) On the management and exploitation of aircrafts
- To carry out the Nationality registration for aircrafts and the rights to aircraft
- To promulgate the standards about materials, equipments, appliances applied to aircrafts and to the maintenance
and reparation of aircrafts
- To instruct the implementation, monitor, supervision of designation, production, experiment, exploitation, reparation,
and maintencance of aircrafts, appliances and equipments installed in aircrafts and equipments to repair and
- To issue, extend, accept, revoke, suspend the validity of the certificate of aircrafts and all appliances and
equipments; the certificate of aircraft exploitation and all certificates and licenses relating with exploiting conditions
of aircrafts; the certificate of registration of designator, producer
- To ratify the programs of aircrafts maintenance...........................